The Pullmantur cruise ship, in bankruptcy since June, agreed on Wednesday night that will not resume operations until December 2021. That decision, which is being communicated this morning to the travel agencies that were already marketing trips for the next high season, could be the coup de grace for a company that is looking over the precipice. In the letter, to which you have had access Five days, Pullmantur proposes two alternatives to the agencies: the full refund of the payments made by the clients or a voucher for 125% of the amount to travel on a Royal Caribbean or Celebrity Cruises ship from December 31, 2021 to December 30 April 2022.

Faced with a scenario of nine months without income, the cruise ship, whose main shareholders are Cruises Investment Holding, owned by the Springwater fund with 51%, and Royal Caribbean, with the remaining 49%, opted in March 2020 to take advantage of a 100% force majeure ERTE that affects 90% of the 311 workers it has on staff, while another 10% are in 50% ERTE. In parallel, it ran out of ships to operate, since of the fleet of three ships it had, two of them were scrapped in Turkey and the third is waiting in a Greek port to be cut up. Finally, the company She was evicted from the headquarters she occupied in the Campo de las Naciones area in Madrid at the end of September due to non-payment of rent and now occupies a couple of offices in another building in the same area

No staff, no ships, no headquarters and with a one-year horizon to operate again, the staff has rebelled against the opacity of the insolvency administrator (Insolvency Data) at the time of providing them with information on the process, especially with regard to the viability plan, and has shown its outrage at the difficult personal situations that some of those affected by the ERTE are experiencing. “There are workers who are asking for help in social organizations and others with problems paying for housing “, emphasize worker sources, who recall that they already experienced liquidity tensions after the summer, since there was a part of the workforce (the 127 workers of Pullmantur SA) who did not collect the payroll of August to the end of September.

And the last straw for the patience of the workers has been the hiring by Data Concursal of Eva Miquel SubĂ­as as Marketing, Communication and Public Relations coordinator. Miquel worked six years in Puertos del Estado and was the representative of the public company in the International Cruise Lines Association in Spain (CLIA, for its acronym in English). The company defends it as a way to revitalize the company and the implementation of the viability plan, while the workers consider it a smokescreen and a violation of the rule that prevents contracting when an ERTE is approved. “There are people in ERTE in the company who could do that job perfectly,” they say. That is why they announce that they will denounce this incorporation before the Ministry of Labor and Social Economy.

.



Source link

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here